FRANKLIN COMMUNITY COUNCIL, INC.
P. O. Box 43
Franklin, Ks. 66735-0043
a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead,
Franklin Community Council, Inc. was formed in
October, 2003 for the purpose of organizing the residents of the
work together to rebuild and restore the feeling of “home” and sense
Statement: Franklin Community Council, Inc. is a
non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening our community and
surrounding areas both
now and for future generations. Our
mission is to improve the quality of life within the community of
Franklin and surrounding areas.
We serve as a catalyst for change, an innovator to solve problems and
will work to partner with other local groups and resources for
solutions to current and emerging community needs We
encourage community participation that will result in successful
responses to community challenges and opportunities. We
promote community-building programs and events that inspire community
pride and unity. We provide individuals and businesses opportunities to
make charitable investments that directly benefit the Franklin
Franklin Community Council, Inc. seeks to be among the finest
communities in Kansas. It will provide effective, efficient and
affordable services leading to a safe, secure and healthy community, an
environment for growth, and promote a favorable quality of life.
|Board Members, Officers and Committees
- Provide opportunities and encourage growth.
- Commit to continuous improvement in Community Relationships.
- Build an atmosphere of team work whereby trust and
- Remember our future depends on our people in the Community.
- Practice the art of serving the Community.
- Conduct our business in a fair and honest manner.
- Enjoy our commitment to the Community.
- To promote good planning.
- Assist individuals and groups in achieving goals.
- Make recommendations for civic action.
- Inform others of upcoming issues, activities, projects
which may affect or have the potential to affect the Community.
- Provide a forum for the discussion, deliberation and
- To facilitate open debate.
- Support individuals and organizations.
|Short Term Goals
- Sanitary Sewer System
- Complete construction of community park.
(groundbreaking October 8, 2004)
- Place welcome sign at the north entrance to Franklin
- Establish programs that involve all the residents of the
- Encourage volunteerism
|Long Term Goals
- Place banners on poles along 69 highway through town
- Construct ballpark
- Senior housing
- Restore historic sidewalk that runs the entire length of
- New Homes